Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Where do you get your news from?

So today its so hard to get the facts straight from popular news sources. I am wondering where does everyone get their news from. The handout Tim gave us on reading the news made me rethink where i get most my news from. I used to watch the Daily Show with Jon Stewart a lot. It seems as if the news seemed more truthful when everyone was making fun of it. I used to read a lot of Al-Jazeera during the beginning days of the war. It seemed as if everyone hated them from the Middle East to the U.S. Now i kind of just watch local news because i have no more cable (which totally sucks).

1 comment:

Zack said...

I get my news from the Mercury News and Yahoo. These sources are pretty weak, and I don't really get as much information as I should. As I read (and see where stories are coming from in the paper), I try to take in the events but sift out the opinions. I've read some very poorly written reports, and I with the paper lived up to its reputation. I guess we need biased computers to do it all for the complete story. I need to utilize more sources.