Sunday, July 29, 2007

NO Draft

I would hate to see a draft for several reasons. First, I would be sad because I would have to leave all of you behind. I will not stand and fight if I see no just reason for doing so. Second, such legislation would destroy this country. Reading about politics right now is pretty scary. Both sides hate each other and there is no trust. In out young, there is also a strong line. I don't know how many would stand up for themselves, but I think the numbers would be high, meaning that in the case of a draft, a decent number would resist. The draft would pull us further apart and really destroy our political system. Some might actually prefer that, but we would have to endure a tough transitional period.

Is it just me, or does anyone else thing this country has outgrown its political system? What if we had the American Union, a coalition of independent regions of the current US. Would an idea like this be too radical to work? Is it un-American to think this way?

2 comments:

Randy said...

It's not Unamerican to think that way. You're allowed to think any way you like. I don't know what good regional divisions would do; there is a lot of diversity in most regions of the country anyway. If a draft was instated, I would certainly hope the vast majority of young people would resist because there is no just cause for the war we are in and war in general sucks. Would they throw, say, 73.7% of citizens age 18 to 24 or whatever in jail if they all refused to serve in the military? I would think that the draft would be abandoned in that situation. That's just me, I suppose.

Essayvato said...

it does sound scary because i dont belive that has a good reason to kill over. I would never kill anyone for and unjust reason. beside since i belive in god i would never kill anyone for a material thing.