Wednesday, July 25, 2007

media and lies

I had a friend who passed away 2 years ago. The media actually portrayed him and his friend for being bad kids. They said that he stole that car and more cars from the past. I thought it was pretty messed up that they were portraying my friend as a juvenile and delinquent. They were accusing him and his friends for previous auto thefts which were not even proven. He was actually on the front page newspaper for about two days and during the accident him and his friend passed away. They were more interested in a "hotter" story that they did not even care for the truth. It seemed like there were only interested in things that seemed to give them a bigger story. This made a lot of people that I've talk to think that my friend was a bad kid. It led people to judge him and not care so much of this death at such a young age. I find it funny how people believe what they hear or read on the media but not take the time to realize that there are two sides to every story.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey, are you talking about Steve..? I agree with you, fact that media tends to make up stories for "hot" topic to gain attention and more of entertainment.

P.S. I thought it was funny how all Koreans had R.I.P. on their myspace and AIM.