Thursday, July 5, 2007

My Belief of Bliss

From reading Follow Your Bliss, I got the impression the following your Bliss is doing what you want to do do to achieve the most happiness available and i agree completely. However I will say that for many people it is sometimes very hard to follow their bliss because of circumstances that prevent you from doing so. I being one of these people will say that i do always wish that I pursue a different career that would be more fun for me, but i cant or choose not to because of circumstances that i cant control that drive to be doing the career that I am now following. With that being said, I believe that because happiness is what ever we want it to be and since it has no limits, we will never be satisfied with what we have. Unlimited happiness drives us to want more and more even though it may not be achievable, and thus we are left unsatisfied. The quote "I even have a superstition that has grown on me as the result of invisible hands coming all the time-namely, that if you do follow your bliss you put yourself on a kind of track that has been there all the while, waiting for you, and the life that you ought to be living is the one you are living." by Joseph Campbell, explains exactly his belief of what Bliss is; as great and wonderful as it sounds, I again repeat that this situation only applies to certain individuals because we live in a world where nothing is free.

MartinR

No comments: