Wednesday, July 11, 2007

this is the is my introduction paragraph on freedom unedited:

Can all of us say we are free? Free to do as we please? We all have the right to freedom growing up in the country known as this United States. In fact our country’s very own creation was founded on the notion that all men are free. For being such as an in alienable right, it has an awfully abstract meaning. Everyone is supposed to be entitled to the same freedom yet everyone has a different definition for it. Skipping all the “...Life, Liberty...” we go straight to the pursuit of happiness; can we really pursue what we be our will? I can say I have freedom of speech. Can I say anything according to my inheritance from this society? I can say that I’m free, but I can also say I’m not free. I am free to do as I please. This rule means, go to college, eat junk food, sleep in, write my English papers on the eve of its due date, skydive and save the world from bad guys; whatever I want to do as long as I am not impeding on, altering, or taking away others’ right to be free. I virtually have choices to the power of infinity and just passed it. Since we live in a this free society, our freedoms must coexist with its rules. Our so called “freedoms” are give by society; a community in which must not violate its rules to be a proper member of and reap its rewards. This reward we receiver for being a part of this society is called freedom. And since we also live in a community we have to deal with others’ freedoms. We have to deal with other people’s religions, expectations, opinions, ideas and products. Thus making us slaves of consumerism. I am a slave of the society that is built solely on freedom of men.


No comments: