Thursday, July 26, 2007

Military propaganda ineffective?

I dont know about you guys but after looking at countless military propagandas over the last few days I started to realize that don't really affect me at all. I mean usually in the past when a military advertisement comes up on tv or on the net, I kinda just ignore it like any other commerical. It doesn't really stick to my mind at all. I guess what they are appealing to me just don't click or something. Does anyone else feel this way or is it just me?

4 comments:

Alan said...

There has been times when I'm feeling down about the direction of my life, and then I see a military ad and feel that I can leave all my troubles behind and start anew as a soldier. However, in this assignment, as I was looking at all of the television ads with a critical mind, they also did not move me in the least. When I observe my surroundings or examine the world critically, then a lot of the emotional appeal is just gone, and I scrutinize any logical claim until its bare bones.
In other words, how much it appeals is just circumstantial.

Ann said...

i know what you mean. military adds and all of their recruiting schemes could say anything and do anything but i still wouldn't be moved to join any branch of the military. for me, i think once i was aware of my own life and viewed the military as something i am just not interested in, then nothing could persuade me to join

Sean Park said...

Something about these ads just isn't appealing to me. It sometimes makes me chuckle to see all these people in the commercials saying, "I learned everything i needed to learn in the navy to become successful." i just sit there on the couch and all i can think in my head is that this is BS.

Zack said...

I laugh and move on. These ads mean nothing to me. I've always seen them as deceptive and atempting to take advantage of those who cannot see through them. I feel bad for those who get sucked in.