Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Definition of Propaganda

After we talked about propaganda on Monday, I just wanted to share this with you guys. My definition of propaganda is making fun of a person, group, or thing, and sending a powerful message across . I took a graphic design class in high school, and one of the project we had to do was to make a propaganda ad or poster. I manipulated a Ipod ad into a Ismoke ad, which I was making fun of Marlboro. My friend manipulated the Uncle Sam "I Want You!" into "I Want Your MySpace!" I thought these were funny things to share with the class.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

Emily said...

I don't think that propaganda really makes fun of someone/thing... but propaganda is supposed to send a strong message. It seems to be a big part of brainwashing in 1984.