Sunday, July 29, 2007

"I read somewhere that you've got to beware you can't believe anything you read."

Everyone laughed at her joke-As if they'd never even heard it before-And maybe they were truly amused-But every word that she spoke was a bore-And maybe it's because they had seen-The previews on the TV screen-Well this part is good and that's well understood-So you should laugh if you know what I mean-But it's all relative-Even if you don't understand-Well it's all understood-Especially when you don't understand-Then it's all just because-Even if we don't understand-Then lets all just believe-Everyone knows what went down-Because the news was spread all over town-And fact is only what you believe-And fact and fiction work as a team-It's almost always fiction in the end-That content begins to bend-When context is never the same-And it's all relative-Even if we don't understand-And that's well understood-Especially when we don't understand-Then it's all just because-Even if we don't understand-Then lets all just believe-I was reading a book-Or maybe it was a magazine-Suggestions on where to place faith-Suggestions on what to believe-But I read somewhere-That you've got to beware You can't believe anything you read-But the good Book is good-And that's well understood-So don't even question-If you know what I mean-But it's all relative-Even if you don't understand-Well it's all understood-Especially when you don't understand-And it's all just because-Even if we don't understand-Then lets all just believe-But there you go once again-You missed the point and then you point-Your fingers at me-And say that I said not to believe-I believe-I guess-I guess it's all relative -- Jack Johnson - "It's All Understood"

3 comments:

Randy said...

I believe this song ties into what we've talked about in this class, not the English language aspects, but everything about freedom, knowledge, and political, societal, and world awareness. Let me know what you get out of it. See ya.

Kayte said...

This reminded me of "Tabloid Junkie" by none other than Michael Jackson.

Randy said...

What? I'm confused. Why do you know any Michael Jackson songs beside "Thriller," "Beat It," and "Billy Jean"?