Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Media Monitoring

Through this media monitoring exercise I realized just why the news adds all of the extra pictures and "fluff" to their articles. It was through my boredom of the analyzed news articles that brought me to this realization. It was very helpful to know about all of these current events, but I really could not help be bored with every subject. I really felt brainwashed!... Like all the news that I listen to, I only listen to BECAUSE of the fluff and pictures. It's scary that so much can be overlooked when just quickly reading the news... it seems that they always leave important information out of the articles.

2 comments:

mina said...

Yeah, I agree with you. I think I watch some of the news, because the headlines make it attractive. I enjoy the pictures and the "fluff" that comes along with an article.

Zack said...

Fluff what draws most people in. Powerful, isn't it?
I try not to allow their pieces trigger my emotions, like a fox news report last night on port security. They showed video of 9-11, then other of violence in the middle east (MUST be linked, huh?) then continued their report. These short, subtle, but very powerful images are what Murdock is using to muster and maintain support.