Tuesday, August 21, 2007

It's being almost two weeks since the last day we met for EWRT 1A. I am spending the few remainder days of my summer trying to finish up my summer homework for high school, so it hasn't been exactly exciting. So over the last several days, I realized that how much more alert I am of my surroundings. As I watch movies now, and I look for company ads. As I am watching the news, I notice the information that news stations focus on. As I move around in public areas, and I see a security camera, I think about the meaning behind it. When I see an injustice in society, I don't just pass by, I think about ways I can do something about it. When I am reading, I am taking notes and thinking about meaning underneath the surface. When I am writing I am thinking about the ways to make my writing more concise and organized. I am really glad that I took this course, because it's one of the few courses that I can put the skills I learned from the class to the rest right away. I just hope that I will never ever stop staying alert, because the day that that I do, is the day that I cease to exist.

No comments: